This policy is effective from September 17, 2020.
WineView is an international online platform facilitator (hereinafter “WineView”, “we”, or, “us”), which provides a platform that enables registered users (hereinafter “User”) to rate and review wines and wine information (hereinafter the “Services”) via the website or mobile application. It also enables Users to follow other Users to see their ongoing reviews and connect with contacts from social media etc.
Our address is 1505 Government St. Mobile, AL 36536 and the platform is owned by Wine View App LLC a company registered under the laws of the State of Alabama. WineView can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Data controller
WineView shall only process your personal data in order for us to manage our user relations with you, including managing your account and providing you with access to use our Platform. We collect and use information about you which you provide when you sign up for our App.
We will process your personal data in compliance with all United States of America General Data Protection Regulations as well as in compliance with any and all state and local privacy regulations or laws.
The following is the extent to which your personal data shall be used and is based on your freely given consent that you provided when signing up to the Platform.
- fulfilment of our contractual obligations when delivering the Platform to you.
- processing your ratings of wine to provide you with the opportunity to allow other users to view your ratings.
- statistics tracked when sharing to social media to help us pick which wines are more popular.
We also process your personal data to deliver and improve the Platform, and manage our business, to improve our offerings, develop new features and updates, develop personalization services and other types of service, including but not limited to develop and implement algorithms and machine learning. This processing is on the basis of:
- Our legitimate interest to improve our platform and services.
- Categories of personal data
WineView collects personal data that you submit to us, including your contact information and reviews of various wines. WineView can also collect information in several ways from different parts of the Platform, including but not limited to the way you use the Platform and applied tracking information about your whereabouts on the Internet along with technical information about your devices and location.
Please visit ‘Sharing of data’ to read more about your right to access and delete various aspects of your personal data.
When signing up:
- When registering your account on our app, you provide us with certain information, including email, password, username, name, country of origin, preferred language, etc. When registering and signing in via third-party application login (such as Facebook), you authorize us to access certain account information from that third-party application, such as basic profile information; name, profile picture, e-mail address (optional), current city (optional). Some of this information will never be made public, such as password. Other information can be either hidden by default (email address, country of origin) or made public by default (name and profile picture through a third party application sign up). Geolocation will not be disclosed, but you have the possibility to add a geotag when reviewing wines as a public user. You can manage the visibility of this information under Profile Settings.
When using the Platform:
- We register the information you provide when using the Platform, including ranking wines, sharing wines, saving wines, and your traffic on the Platform and your communication with us.
- Users are encouraged not to reveal personal data concerning the user themselves or others especially with respect to special categories of data such as information about a person’s health, addictions or allergies.
- When a User makes information about them or others public, the User is responsible for ensuring the veracity of said information and warrants that it has the legal authority and express permission for disclosing the said information.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer, tablet or mobile device for the purpose of recognizing your device if you visit our website again (such as login, language, font size and other settings). This makes it possible to customize the Website to your browser. A cookie may contain text, numbers or other data (e.g. date of login, etc.). Generally there is no personal data in a cookie. It is also not a program and thus cannot contain any virus.
When you visit our website, we collect information about you that allows us to identify your device. The information is used to customize and improve your experience on our site and continue to improve content on our website or App. We obtain statistical information (not personal information), so that we can provide you with the best possible experience. If you choose not to accept cookies you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
You can modify your browser, so cookies are not stored on your computer, tablet, mobile etc. See instructions here: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/clear-cookies-installed.html.
Be aware, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
- Transfer of data to subcontractor third parties in other countries
WineView may use suppliers located outside the United States to process data on behalf of WineView according to standard data protection clauses adopted by the US and its various states.
- Sharing of data
Personal data about our users is an essential part of our business. We only share your personal data as described below apart from when we share it with a third-party vendor.
We share your reviews with other Users if you have consented to us sharing your reviews with other users.
We may share personal data regarding you if we are obligated to do so by law.
- Your rights as a user
As provided by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access personal data regarding you. You can always access your account to review the personal data we have collected about you. You may delete and amend the data collected. You also have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data free of charge. However, we may charge a fee corresponding to administrative costs if further copies of the information are requested, or if the request is unfounded or excessive.
- Ask for rectification of incorrect or inaccurate data concerning you, or to have incomplete personal data completed. You can use your access to your account to update your personal data.
- Ask for erasure of personal data regarding you (under certain circumstances).
- Ask for the restriction of the processing of your data (under certain circumstances).
- Object to the processing of your data for marketing purposes by withdrawing your personal consent.
- You can at any time withdraw your consent by deleting your profile or delete your account in the App settings.
When we receive a request to access, rectify, erase or port data, we may ask you for additional information in order to confirm your identity and ensure data security. You can send a request at https://www.wineview.app/privacy.
You have the right to complain regarding the processing/use of any of your personal data to the supervisory authority as per below:
- Data retention and account deletion
We store your personal data for as long as your account is active.
We may also store some of your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
You may add or update certain information to your account. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in systems back-ups for a period of time until our backup is updated with the latest version.
When you delete your account, we delete the data attached to your account including your username. The username will be deleted from all reviews, and the reviews will be anonymized for future viewing.
Please note that some information may remain in our records after your account has been deleted, and that we may only be able to delete this information later when updating our backups.
User accounts including personal data are protected by a password for your privacy and security. You should ensure no unauthorized access to your account and personal data by choosing and protecting your password appropriately, and by signing off when finished accessing your account. When signing in via third-party application provider your password is solely managed by such third-party.
We do our best to ensure that user accounts are kept private. However, various instances such as unauthorized entry/use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of the personal data.
- Children’s privacy
The Platform is intended for use by adults of legal drinking age in the jurisdiction in which you reside. If we receive notice or reasonably believe that someone under the legal drinking age has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete the account and all personal information that has been provided to us.
- Questions or concerns
- By mail at P.O. Box 758 Foley, AL 36536
- By email at Hello@WineView.app with any questions and suggestions.
We will try our best to reply to your questions and resolve your concerns.
|Privacy Notice Section||Categories of Information|
|Categories of personal data||The categories of personal information WineView collects about you.|
|The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected.|
|Use of Information||The business purpose for collecting your personal information.|
|Sharing of Data||The categories of third parties with whom WineView shares your personal information.|